Advanced Urban Permaculture Design Course
DESIGN BRISTOL A pioneering new course exploring Permaculture Design in an urban community context.
An intensive Permacultural exploration of the complex mix of landscape, networks, culture, limitations and opportunities within an urban housing estate.
This design-focussed course will expose you to inspiring ideas, expertise from a range of related disciplines and experience from Bristol’s cutting-edge sustainability movement.
June 5th to June 17th 2013 at a residential venue in North West Bristol.
Lead tutors Sarah Pugh and Jillian Hovey plus many guest tutors and field trips
Explore how we can use Permaculture to
- Design productive, regenerative and resilient urban systems.
- Create engaging and inclusive systems that meet people’s needs.
- Address the issues of access to affordable food and energy, education, access to land and local economy.
- Remediate degraded urban environments.
- Consult and engage people towards the regeneration of their neighbourhoods.
- Uncover and build connections and networks.
- Work alongside existing community development and regeneration initiatives.
The course has been designed in consultation with local community leaders and aims to address real needs and create viable designs and ideas to compliment and augment local plans. It is essential learning for anyone wanting to take Permaculture out of the garden and into urban communities.
Cost £865 with some concessionary places available. Fee includes accommodation and food.
Entry requirement Permaculture Design Certificate or Permaculture experience.
Email us for a booking form and more details.